By Joshua Santos | firstname.lastname@example.org
With midterms around the corner, the Student Government Association still has a considerable amount of money left in the budget. Clubs and organizations around campus are encouraged to apply for a grant to use for campus activities or general expenses.
– Dr. Randi Hagen, director of institutional research, planning and effectiveness, announced plans of two new surveys for students. The National Survey of Student Encouragement for freshman and seniors and the Student Satisfactory Inventory survey for sophomores and juniors. While e-mail response rates to these surveys have gone down in the last few years, students are encouraged to respond for a chance to win a $100 Target gift card and to have their voices heard.
SGA approved the following grants:
– Kappa Delta Pi book grant.
– Phi Alpha Delta law school trip grant.
– Catholic Fellowship deaf interpreter for camper.
– Academics announced that the faculty senate has tabled considerations for revisions to the C+ C- and D+ D- system.
– Campus Concerns announced plans for the next President’s Hour, Wednesday, Feb. 29 in Jay’s Lounge at 4 p.m.
– Community Services announced plans for a clothing drive and the need for air pumps to be installed near bike racks.
– Food Services announced plans to make the dining hall greener with the introduction of new, more eco-friendly coffee cups, as well as the Just Ask campaign where students who do not find what they need in the dining hall are encouraged to just ask their friendly neighborhood dining hall staff.
– Green committee will be meeting Mondays at 7 p.m. in the SGA office room 251 in Ringhaver Student Center.
– Spirit committee announced plans for a United Way sponsored 5k this Wednesday at 7 p.m.
– Anyone interested in volunteering at this year’s graduation should contact Erick Hueck. Donation ideas for the surplus budget should also be sent to student body president.
Student Government Association meets every Tuesday evening at 9 p.m. in the Koger-Gamache Theater. Students are encouraged to participate and gain voting rights after attending three consecutive meetings.
Be the first to comment on "SGA announcements"