Men’s tennis loses to Armstrong Atlantic

By Michael Potkay | gargoyle@flagler.edu

The Flagler men’s tennis team could not prevail over No. 2 Armstrong Atlantic Tuesday afternoon.

Armstrong won in a landslide 9-0 over the Saints to clinch their seventh Peach Belt Conference Title.

David Cotrone, a senior, played No.1 singles player Eudaldo Bonet, who he has played four previous times.

“I have been looking forward to this match, I know him and he knows me,” Cotrone said. “I have to be on the top of my game today, he doesn’t give his opponents much, I have to make him miss.”

Dave lost the match in straight sets.

After the match the Saints had positive attitudes. They knew coming into the match how good of a team Armstrong was and felt they played them well.

Walter Shinn, head coach of the Flagler College men’s tennis team, called this match a “learning experience.”

“it was a competitive match, I am proud of my players,” Shinn said. “They played tough matches that were fun to watch, Armstrong is just on another level but hopefully next time we play them we will beat them.”

With only three matches remaining the Saint’s look to head in to the Peach Belt Conference Tournament with three more victories.

Be the first to comment on "Men’s tennis loses to Armstrong Atlantic"