“April Showers Bring May Flowers”

When I said this morning, “It looks like the end of the world out there,” it wasn’t an April Fool’s Day joke. It really did. Nature has really let the figurative heavens pour open and let everything it has fall on this first day of April.

When I got into my car on the way to school this morning, partially soaked, I turned on the radio to see what the traffic situation was like and what to expect out there on the roads. There were lots more accidents than on a usual morning and there were even some streets that were flooded.

The ditches on the sides on Interstate 95 were full to the brim with excess runoff water and the maximum speed to travel safely during the torrential pouring was only around 50 mph, much less than the posted speed limit of 70 mph.

Maybe it was Nature’s way of mocking me, an all-natural April Fool’s Day joke?

Nevertheless, I made it to school on time.

This was the day, of course, I didn’t have any sort of rain protection gear on me or in my car. I don’t have any fancy rubber rain boots and I didn’t bring an umbrella. By the time I got to class at 9 am, I looked like I had just gotten out of the shower.

I wasn’t alone, though. Everyone else looked to be in the same boat I was, literally.

I guess the rain forced me to stay inside and write this blog as well as finish other important assignments that I would’ve procrastinated on too long, so that’s the immediate bittersweet victory.

I didn’t get in a car accident this morning, either, like all the ones I heard about on the radio.

The long term bittersweet victory is that, assuming the cliché holds true, “April showers bring May flowers.”

How are you handling the heavy rain? Leave me a comment.

Be the first to comment on "“April Showers Bring May Flowers”"