By Joshua Santos | email@example.com
The Student Government Association meets every Tuesday at 9 PM in the Koger-Gamache Theater in the Ringhaver Student Center.
– The Chess Club, led by Junior Evan Gardiner, was unanimously approved after a short deliberation. The special interest club aims to teach beginners while providing a place for experienced players to enjoy a nice game of chess.
– The Black Student Association, led by Sophomore John Monroe, was also approved. The association is a step forward in dealing with diversity and black outreach in the community.
They will be meeting Wednesdays at 8 p.m. in Proctor 200.
– Nicholas Syme is now the first chair of the Spirit committee.
– The Academics committee announced plans for a Dean’s Hour to compliment the popular President’s Hour from last semester. The event plans to allow students to discuss issues with many of the Deans.
– The Campus Concerns committee announced that they have purchased new pool sticks for Cedar Hall, as well as air fresheners for the Lewis Hall lobby. They also have plans to introduce felt stick-ons for the bottom of the chair legs in Ringhaver to cut back on the loud scratchy noise they make when the chairs are being dragged around.
– The Food Services committee announced a new survey that went out. They are asking for students and faculty to respond to the thirty second survey.
– The Spirit committee announced a Basketball pep rally at Sonny’s BBQ restaurant on US 1 Monday, Jan.30, at 7 p.m..
– Student body President, Erick Hueck, announced the formation of the new bulletin board group to compliment the addition of a number of bulletin boards on campus.
– Student Liaison, Haleigh Smith, announced plans for the upcoming Love Your Planet Event. She is looking for acoustic and ambient musical entertainment. Anyone interested should contact Smith.
– Feb. 13th is Singles Awareness in Jay’s Place at 7 p.m..
– Phi Alpha Omega announced plans for this year’s Bachelor Bid. Sign-ups will be next week.
– A representative for the Guild announced plans for a progress appreciation Dance for Diabetes. Anyone interested in Volunteering should contact the Guild.
– This Monday at 7 p.m., there will be a Money Management seminar with Wells Fargo in Jay’s Place.
– This Friday the Political Guild will be giving out free stuff under their United Ticket Tent.