By Bo Culkeen | firstname.lastname@example.org
At the April 6 meeting, Student Government Association decided the committee leaders of next semester.
First Chair Leadership Team elections were held and all members were eligible for a position. There are five different SGA committee chairs that students could run for.
More than 30 students showed up to listen to the nominees state why they should be considered for the desired position.
The Fall 2010 committee first chairs are as follows:
- Jim Stiller, who ran unopposed, won Academic Committee first chair. This year Stiller has been active in changing the attendance policy and next year he hopes to extend the library’s hours.
- Gabby McCaffrey won first chair for Campus Concerns and plans to help transfer students get more involved with activities and events on campus.
- Caitlyn Massey, a transfer student from Tampa, won Community Service first chair. Massey hopes to provide regular events at Flagler College, such as beach clean-ups and Habitat for Humanity events.
- Chuck Riffenburg ran unopposed and won Green Committee first chair. Riffenburg plans to continue his work trying to make the campus ‘greener.’
- Joe King, another transfer student, won first chair for Publicity. King is a member of Students in Free Enterprise and he hopes to bring more responsibility to SGA.