Student wins free plane ticket

Photo by Matthew Boyle

By Michael Mandaro | gargoyle@flagler.edu

CHECK THE VIDEO OUT here.

Junior Communication major Bailey Latham won the $450 dollar plane ticket after completing the President’s Survey.

Latham was selected randomly from a pool of 973 Flagler College students who had completed either the National Survey of Student Engagement or the Student Satisfaction Inventory.

“I was very surprised,” Latham said. “I didn’t know that there were going to be that many people and I just thought I would have a shot in the dark and see if I could get it.”

She isn’t sure yet as to where she will go with the plane ticket, but she has some options.

“I actually applied for an internship at Seventeen magazine in New York City,” Latham said. “I find out this week if I get an interview and I’ll use it to go up there.”

Latham, in conjunction with Liz Daube of the Public Information Office at Flagler College, has also won two awards for a press release.

Although allegedly “not lucky,” Latham also was rewarded this year for her outstanding writing of a press release for the public information office.

“Liz Daube, who works in Public Information, and I, wrote a press release and it won two awards for a public relations association,” Latham said. “One was a judge’s award which they pick and then one was an award of distinction which was if you meet their standards.”

Latham is far from your ordinary Flagler student. She also serves as the senior advisor for the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) chapter and will be the Co-Managing Partner of the DOW Advantage, an organization that works with non-profit agencies in the community, next year with Jaclyn Miklos.

Be the first to comment on "Student wins free plane ticket"