Nesselrode elected to NEFLIN board of directors

By Brittany Hackett

Flagler College Technical Resources/ Systems Librarian Brian Nesselrode has been elected to serve as the At-Large representative to the Northeast Florida Library Information Network Board of Directors.

The non-profit organization serves libraries in Northeast Florida, providing training and education, research and development, partnerships for grant funding, and various other opportunities through its relationship with other area groups and organizations.

“My responsibilities as the at-large representative will be to represent all of the different types of libraries in this part of Florida,” Nesselrode said. “In the past 15 years, I’ve worked at a public university, a public library, and now I work for Flagler College and St. Johns River Community College.”

Nesselrode feels that his past experiences have given him some insight that other librarians may not have, and he hopes he can use that experience to benefit Flagler College.

There are 60 libraries that comprise the organization’s membership and all are located within a 20 county area.

Independent colleges like Flagler are not currently represented on the board of directors, but the nine-member board has one member from a community college and one member from a public university.

The new board began its term on Sept. 15.

“I’m really honored to be on the board, and I appreciate [Director of Library Services] Mike Gallen for encouraging me to enter the election as the at-large representative. I’ll do my best to represent both Flagler and SJRCC.”

“I won free movie tickets when I was like 10 years old,” Nesselrode said, “but this is a better feeling.”

Be the first to comment on "Nesselrode elected to NEFLIN board of directors"