Tuesday , 17 July 2018

Home » News » How to coach a Summer Slam

How to coach a Summer Slam

June 21, 2013 8:34 am by: Category: News, Top Stories, Video 5 Comments A+ / A-

By Joshua Santos | gargoyle@flagler.edu

Josh Rutgers has been fighting all his life, from his humble beginnings in kindergarten to his professional boxing retirement fight in 2009. Nowadays, the single father concentrates on running his gym while setting up his fight promotion.

Rutgers’ next scheduled event is on June 29th at the Ketterlinus Gymnasium in St. Augustine. Fla. The Rumble in the Ancient City: Summer Slam, will feature many schedule bouts between gyms all over the state.

As with every event so far, a $1000 donation will be made to the St. Johns County Parks and Recreation Department. “It’s just something we started doing and we want another local business to come on board and match the donation or up it,” says Rutgers who adds, “the kids in St Johns county are the ones that benefit from that and I was one of those kids.”

How to coach a Summer Slam Reviewed by on . By Joshua Santos | gargoyle@flagler.edu Josh Rutgers has been fighting all his life, from his humble beginnings in kindergarten to his professional boxing retir By Joshua Santos | gargoyle@flagler.edu Josh Rutgers has been fighting all his life, from his humble beginnings in kindergarten to his professional boxing retir Rating: 0